Saturday, December 7, 2013

DIY: Fall 2013 Cape Project

With school coming to a close soon, I can finally focus on my DIY: Fall 2013 Cape Project. I already started the project but don't want to post pictures of it before it is done. So, instead I will focus on the inspiration of this project. The focus on this project was Old Hollywood style icons. It started with one of my favorite movies, "Breakfast at Tiffany's". I loved the style of the 1940's -1960's. It was elegant, sophisticated and very stylish. I love the fact that you could be glamorous and sexy while still being covered up.

Of course, I wanted to add a modern flare to it, appealing to every generation of fashionistas. I wanted to create a look that the younger generation would love and the older generation would appreciate. I decided to go with the solid color of black while adding a flirty silhouette.
 I even created some artwork inspired by the look and style I wanted to portray in this project. Eventually, I want to create a whole ensemble representing the bridging gap between the many generations of fashionista.

Here are some more examples of inspiration I have for this project.







Let me know what you think in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment