Monday, March 31, 2014

Event Recap: Art After 5 Korean Treasures


Philadelphia Museum of Art is always having great events to celebrate the art exhibitions they have at their museum. 
I have always wanted to attend one of their Art After 5 events but was always either too busy or too tired to attend. Finally, I was able to attend their Art After 5 K-pop fashion + dance party event to celebrate their Treasures of Korea art exhibit.


Fashion show from the students at The Art Institute

More designs from the fashion show

Favorite garment from the fashion show celebrating Korean culture
The event started off by a fashion show from the students of Art Institute of Philadelphia. All of the fashion was inspired by Korean culture and I must say I really enjoyed all of the pieces. I had a chance to speak with most of the designers and you can tell they were passionate about their craft.  After the fashion show it was a break and it was a full on dance party which was pretty cool.

Performance from I Love Dance
After the mini dance party, their was a cool dance performance by dance crew I Love Dance based in New York. It was cool seeing an hip hop performance inspired by K-Pop music. They were really talented and everyone enjoyed their performance. After their performance they even taught the crowd some moves. All in all it was a great event and I'm glad I attended.

 If you are in the Philadelphia area or visiting Philadelphia soon, be sure to visit their website and check out all the cool events and workshops they have to offer here

Also, visit my instagram page to see more pictures and videos of the event as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment