Friday, September 11, 2015

Fashion Friday: Life as a Fashion Designer

Inspiration board at Mood Fabrics in New York
Have you ever wanted to look into the future?  What would your life be like in 5 years? On a daily bases I daydream about what I'll be doing. Where I would be in life. Well, during the summer before the stress of school and homework, I got to see a small glimpse of what life would be like as a designer.




Mood board display at the D&G Expo

Welcome to Mood Fabrics!

Cool fabrics from Mood
Have you ever wanted to look into the future?  What would your life be like in 5 years? On a daily bases I daydream about what I'll be doing. Where I would be in life. Well, during the summer before the stress of school and homework, I got to see a small glimpse of what life would be like as a designer.

Starting at 7am, I traveled by bus to the Big Apple aka New York with my newest fashion mentor to get a head start to what would be a very eventful day. As soon as we hit the streets of New York, we was on to our first mission into the Garment District. To be able to see the true essence of the Garment District was such an amazing experience. Finding the hidden gems of seamstresses and fabric stores was one of the highlights of the trip. Then, it was the amazing experience of attending the D&G Expo! A trade show to showcase everything from fabrics, buttons, and beyond. To be able to have conversations with the vendors about their companies to being able to feel the fabrics was something that made me very excited about designing. All in all this was an amazing trip (even with some bumps along the way) and it made me very excited to live the life of a designer. 

Follow me on social media!!

Instagram: StellarKey1
Twitter: @stellarchic1
Plus! Follow the blog's newest social media platforms on Twitter and Tumblr


No comments:

Post a Comment