Monday, March 6, 2017

Philadelphia Fashion Week Recap

Aqullia Savoy | Photography: Senia Lopez
It's been a couple of weeks since Philadelphia Fashion Week has ended and I'm still reeling from all of the amazing fashion that I saw come down the runway. From Avenue Black to ThesePinkLips, there were plenty of amazing designers to see and awesome attendees to meet and greet with.

The first show I attended was the Haute show on Thursday, February 23rd at the 2300 Arena. This show featured designers such as Aqullia Savoy, Avenue Black and MahJing Wong. One of my favorite collections was the "Urbane" collection from Avenue Black which I describe as the street wear for the cool kids. It was a great use of colors such as pale blues and mustard yellows while incorporating the the 90's style. The collection was definitely fun, youthful and playful, making it perfect for stylish millennials.

Avenue Black | Photographer: Senia Lopez


The second day of my attending Philadelphia Fashion Week was at the "Fashion Through the Ages" panel discussion and fashion show hosted by PFW and the Fashion Outlets Philadelphia at Century 21. This panel discussion featured iconic figures in fashion such as fashion columnist Elizabeth Wellington serving as the panel moderator, creator of fashion week Fern Mallis, Drexel University Fashion Historian Clare Sauro, editorial director of Paper Magazine Mickey Boardman and lastly Communications Lead for Fashion Outlets Philadelphia Heather Crowell. The panelists shared insight about the evolution of fashion and retail through the ages -- specifically in Philadelphia. 

The event kickoff with an amazing fashion show honoring Philadelphia Icons from Ben Franklin to Grace Kelly. The fashion show showecased how Philadelphia icons would dress if they were alive in 2017. The same night I was able to attend the second runway show and I must say I was blown away. That night I was working backstage  with one of my favorite designers, Iris from ThesePinkLips. Other fashion designers included was Conrad Booker and Burning Guitars. 

ThesePinkLips | Photographer: @_iamablackman
 
The second runway show was such an amazing show and I loved every designer that hit the runway that night. My two favorites was of course ThesePinkLips and Conrad Booker. Even though they are totally different from each other, they both represent expression of fashion and artistry. This year of Philadelphia Fashion Week was one of my favorites and I'm excited to see what will be in store for next season.


Be sure to see my full recap on my YouTube channel here. Subscribe and like for more videos and interviews.   


No comments:

Post a Comment