Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Artsy Fartsy: Portrait of a Woman Artist Talk & Brunch









It's finally over! I'm finally graduating from Community College of Philadelphia after three long years. It has been a great experience and I met a lot of awesome people I hope to keep in my contacts for a very long time. I've accomplished a lot and even made a lot of great connections. I can honestly say that I will definitely miss everything about CCP. 

The good news about this is now I can finally concentrate on all the things I truly enjoy including this lovely blog. YAY ME! To be able to share my experiences and adventures on this awesome platform is a great feeling and I want to continue to share my journey. With that being said, I want to share a great event I attended about a month ago that really inspired me. Gravy Studio presented 'Portrait of a Woman' an exhibit celebrating woman by fiber artist Aubrie Costello and photographer Brae Howard. It was an amazing exhibit not only for the amazing art that was showcased but all the great people I met at the event too.

This was really a great collaboration that showcased woman being empowered through the femininity of a woman's body. What I loved most about this exhibit is how it showcase beauty of woman of all different varieties. I also love how much Aubrie Costello was inspired by street art in Philadelphia as much as I do. I must say this was a really great exhibit and I would love to see much more from these two. 
GIRL POWER FOREVER!!

Be sure to follow us on IG!

IG: Stellarkey1

Brae Howard: @braehoward

Aubrie Costello: @xoaubriecostello

No comments:

Post a Comment