Monday, October 14, 2013

Recap: JumpStart Fashion Show

September isn't the only month to attend great fashion events! Tuesday, October 1, 2013, I got the chance to attend a really great event at Moore College for Art & Design. "Re-Tulled: Jump start Fashion Show" was a fashion show dedicated to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Pennsylvania Ballet! My love for fashion and the ballet culture brought me to this amazing event that was both inspiring and entertaining. 

When finding out about this event I was very interested to see the influence that the ballet culture and costumes would have on the fashion I would see. When arriving to the event I was very excited to see the garments, definitely for the fact every garment would be entirely made out of tulle!  I couldn't imagine seeing a garment only made in tulle. But there it was, all the amazing designs I saw from ready to wear to couture!
 Within this fashion event, they were also judges to see who would be the winner of the contest they were holding as well. Some of the judges included Jane Likens, the Mid-Atlantic Regional President of the Costume Society of America and Dom Streater from Project Runway! They were four possible titles to win, which I knew was hard for the judges to choose who would win. 
Winners of Jumpstart Fashion Event. Photo courtesy of Moore College of Art & Design

The winners designs will be displayed at the Wilson Gallery from October 19, 2013 – January 11, 2014. I was very happy and thrilled about the winners and seeing all the designs on the runway overall. This was a great experience for me and even inspired my own ideas for costumes I would love to design. If you want to learn more information about the Re:Tulled: Jump start Fashion Show, be sure to visit Moore College for Art & Design website!


No comments:

Post a Comment