Monday, January 6, 2014

DIY: Barbie's New Look for 2014


Happy New Year everyone! 
Hope everyone had happy holidays. I've been very busy this winter break sketching and sewing. Also, I've been doing a lot of day trips to galleries and museums. Let's just say I had a very productive break.


During that break I decided to create a Barbie collection which came from an idea of giving my niece Barbie doll a make-over. I wanted to update the usual youthful style Barbie wears and give her a more mature but stylish look.
 
I started with doing three sketches then I would choose one to create. After many creating many sketches of possible designs, I finally fell in love with one that merge Barbie style aesthetic now and what it could be in 2013/2014.  I create a L.A beach day look that could go from day to night. I decided to do a long pencil dress and created a halter top to go over the dress. I even gave her a wild, new hair-do to go with her new look.  



So, what do you think of Barbie now? Let me know below in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment