Friday, March 18, 2016

A Night of Black Excellence: Avant Garde Art Exhibit

Amazing artwork from artist @yesitsjayagain

Last month I was invited to attend an amazing art exhibit celebrating Black History Month and  local artists in the Philadelphia area. After attending a few art exhibits and showcases myself, I must say this was one of the best art shows I've been to in awhile. It was great music provided by June Lopez, delicious food catered by Twice the Spice Caterers & Chef Bernard Caterers & Son and amazing art from many different artists across Philadelphia.


Paintings created by artist American Queen
The best part about this event was having conversations with the artists and getting to know the story behind their art work. It was definitely inspiring for my own work and ignited curiosity to learn how to paint my self. The event was definitely fun, energetic and show a different side to the art scene in Philadelphia that I hope everyone can experience soon.

Check out some photos from that glorious night below!

Jerry Puryear (@trippyartjpuryear


View of amazing art from gallery




Artist Ya-meer Mcknight and guest discussing his artwork (@hades_blue_phi)

Prints created by artist Eric Rivera (@philarican1)

 Photo Cred: Jasen Alfrena

No comments:

Post a Comment